Prince Charles has 'personal assistant and someone preparing food' as he recovers from coronavirus
How will Charles cope without his valet? Prince of Wales is forced to do more for himself after paring back his staff to a PA and one cook as he recovers from coronavirus, sources tell Vanity Fair
- Prince Charles, 71, is being cared for by two staff members, a source has claimed
- It comes despite government’s guidance people must self-isolate for 14 days
- Source claims there’s personal assistant to assist and someone preparing food
- Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?
The Prince of Wales, 71, has a ‘mild’ form of the illness and is at his Scottish retreat with his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, who has tested negative and is without any symptoms of the virus, which has killed 465 and infected 9,500 more in the UK so far.
In keeping with the government’s guidance, he has been self-isolating and will continue to do so for 14 days – and, as a result, has been forced to do more for himself after paring back his staff.
‘There is a personal assistant on had to assist and someone preparing his food and that is it,’ a source said, as reported by Katie Nicholl, for Vanity Fair. ‘The food is taken to the door, the staff member retreats, and the prince takes his meal. The door is then shut and remains shut.’
The Prince of Wales, 71, is being cared for by two staff members as he recovers from coronavirus at his Scottish retreat, a source said, speaking to Vanity Fair. Pictured, at dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief and recovery effort at Mansion House on March 12, 2020 in London
Charles has a ‘mild’ form of the illness and is on the Balmoral estate with his wife Camilla, who has tested negative and is without any symptoms of the virus. Pictured, a photo shared by Clarence House to celebrate St Patrick’s Day
The publication went on to explain that Charles has been well enough to receive several business calls with the chief executive of the International Rescue Committee and the chief executive of the World Economic Forum.
‘The Prince might be in isolation, but he is not isolated, he is very busy and very much keeping abreast of what is happening,’ a source added. ‘He is taking calls, having online meetings and working as hard as ever.’
The revelation that he has cut back to just ‘two members of staff’ comes after the Prince of Wales was previously branded a ‘difficult’ man to work for by an insider.
Despite his jolly public demeanor, the Prince is said to be very precise in his orders, and is reportedly aware he is less popular than the Queen.
‘Prince Charles does not like some palace staff.
When the time comes for him to be king, he will make some people redundant. ‘
Prince Charles and his wife Camilla are in self-isolation in Scotland but his aides are trying to find anyone he may have met after becoming contagious on March 13
According to the insider, Charles is aware he is not as popular as his mother, following a 2017 YouGov poll which supported this theory.
And a book by Britain’s top investigative author Tom Bower also told of Charles’ remarkable travel demands including bringing his entire bedroom on trips.
He penned: ‘Before a visit to one friend in North-East England, he sent his staff ahead a day early with a truck carrying furniture to replace the perfectly appropriate fittings in the guest rooms.’
‘And not just the odd chest of drawers: the truck contained nothing less than Charles and Camilla’s complete bedrooms, including the Prince’s orthopaedic bed, along with his own linen.’
‘His staff had also made sure to pack a small radio, Charles’s own lavatory seat, rolls of Kleenex Premium Comfort lavatory paper, Laphroaig whisky and bottled water (for both bedrooms), plus two landscapes of the Scottish Highlands.’
Yesterday Charles thanked well-wishers for hundreds of ‘get well soon’ messages after he contracted coronavirus, with Clarence House saying he was ‘enormously touched’ by all the kind words he had received.
Charles’s doctor believes the royal may have been contagious from March 13 at the earliest – just 24 hours after he last saw his 93-year-old mother the Queen, who is in self-isolation at Windsor Castle with Prince Philip, 98.
Camilla, 72, was seen applauding the NHS from a window last night while Charles, 71, appeared in a hallway by the front door
TODAYS TOP DISCOUNTS
- John Lewis discounts – Enjoy up to 50% off Reduced to Clear offersView all discounts and offers from John Lewis
- Missguided – Missguided Statement Fashion DealsStrut the streets with the latest styles from Missguided
- Boots discounts – Grab free click and collect on orders over GBP10View all discounts and offers from Boots
- boohoo – boohoo exclusive discountsDiscover the perfect outfit from boohoo
- Very discounts – Save with VeryLow prices on Electronics and Fashion
- Pretty Little Thing discounts – Save with Pretty Little ThingGet your Fashion Fix with the latest streetwear
- ^ Coronavirus symptoms (www.dailymail.co.uk)
- ^ Prince Charles (www.dailymail.co.uk)
- ^ coronavirus (www.dailymail.co.uk)
- ^ Vanity Fair (www.vanityfair.com)
- ^ The Express (www.express.co.uk)
- Philips Hue White ambience Runner double spotlight Hue White ambience Runner...
SALE PRICE: £92.80YOU SAVE: £57.93 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. Smart Lighting For Your Home – Set schedules, […]
- ATTCL Unisex Blue Light Blocking Glasses for Reduce Headache Anti Eye Fatigue...
SALE PRICE: £13.58YOU SAVE: £2.40 14g Ultra Light – You can hardly feel Blue Light Blocking Glasses on face, which makes work , use computer or […]
- ERAYAK 1500W/3000w Power Inverter 12v to 230v 240v Professional Grade Car...
RRP PRICE: £139.99SALE PRICE: £124.99YOU SAVE: £15.00 This fits your . by entering your model number. 【1800W High Power& Extreme […]
- Zeerkeer GPS Tracker For Vehicle Car Truck, 5 Months Standby Strong Magnetic...
SALE PRICE: £56.84YOU SAVE: £10.04 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. ★★★①【150 Days Long […]