Live updates as police close A50 after lorry overturns
Highways Engalnd has said: “The closure is in place due to a serious collision which has resulted in HGV coming to rest in an overturned position. The closure is expected to be protracted. Leicestershire Police lead the response to this incident and all emergency services are on scene.
For traffic approaching the closure locally, you are advised to expect disruption with extra journey time and you may wish to re-route or delay your journey. If travelling towards this area from much farther afield, closure information will remain visible on our on-road variable message signs until delays have cleared. Further information is available from Highways England by visiting our www.trafficengland.com website and travel apps, or via our regional twitter feed.
Our 24/7 contact centre team is also available to provide up to the minute information on 0300 123 5000.
- From the M1 at J24, continue northbound along the M1 until towards J25.
- At J25 exit the M1 and take the 1st exit on to the A52.
- Continue along the A52 westbound, until at A5111 junction.
- Take the A5111 which merges to become the A6 Alvaston Bypass.
- Follow the A6 until it joins the A50 and continue your journey.