M25 and A2 delays as lorry smashes through barrier and is left suspended over major road
A lorry that crashed through safety barriers has been left partially suspended above a major road. The HGV collided with the side of the M25 at Junction 2, where the motorway passes over the A2 near Dartford in Kent on Wednesday. Pictures showed part of the lorry’s trailer sticking out over the motorway as well as tyre marks on the road.
“Significant damage” has been caused and congestion stretched six miles approaching the Dartford Crossing, according to Highways England.
Video: ‘Drunk’ lorry driver gets vehicle stuck between two train lines (Newsflare)
‘Drunk’ lorry driver gets vehicle stuck between two train linesWhat to watch next
Click to expand
- Adorable footage shows Husky riding motorcycle Adorable footage shows a pet husky riding on the back of its owner’s motorcycle. The duo was spotted riding along the expressway in Quezon Avenue, the Philippines on February 7. The pooch was even wearing a pair of motorcycle goggles to protect itself from the wind. Newsflare
- Homeless woman approaches couple’s table, takes bite from ice cream A homeless woman shocked a couple when she walked over to their table and took a bite from their ice cream.
The couple were on a date in Pattaya, Thailand, when suddenly, a homeless woman approached the ice cream cafe. As the couple were taking selfies, the woman with messy hair wearing only a black bra and jeans walked up the cafe steps. Before the girl could capture their romantic moment, the troublemaker leaned over the table and gave a huge bite on their vanilla ice cream.
The woman then left the spot happily while the couple stood in fear. Patchanida Bellona said: “We had no choice but to throw away the ice-cream.” Patchanida and her boyfriend later discovered that the ice cream eater was missing from her hometown Chanthaburi for months and the girl’s sister had only contacted them after seeing the video filmed on August 27, 2020.Newsflare
- Motorcycle rider saved by helmet after falling under wheels of pickup truck This is the shocking moment a motorbike rider fell off and almost had his head crushed by a pickup truck but was saved by his helmet. Dashcam footage from October 20 shows the rider in a pink raincoat being knocked over by the ladder that was sticking out from a truck in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
The man fell straight to the ground with his head laying right beneath the silver pickup truck’s front wheel but his helmet wedged it in.
The pickup truck immediately stopped, saving the man’s life who was unscathed from the incident.Newsflare
Emergency services were called to the scene.
Parts of the M25 and A2 were closed while the incident was dealt with and drivers were asked to allow extra time for their journeys if travelling in the area or to consider alternative routes.
- Silverstorm 263570 – 1500W 15kg Electric Breaker 230V
RRP PRICE: £154.96SALE PRICE: £150.00YOU SAVE: £4.96 About this item For masonry and asphalt; Handle – primary finish: PA6 360 degrees rotating […]
- Roidmi H10, Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, White/Light Grey, 83 Decibeles
SALE PRICE: £142.51YOU SAVE: £16.49 About this item 20%* increased suction power with 2500 mAH battery. with 3 speed settings makes it ideal for […]
- Ryobi R18SW3-0 18V ONE+ Cordless Debris Sweeper (Body Only), 18 V, Green
RRP PRICE: £177.25SALE PRICE: £169.95YOU SAVE: £7.30 Effortlessly sweep-up small or large debris – Including nails, screws, wood scraps, […]
- LAVIEVERT Oxford Cloth Jigsaw Puzzle Case Puzzle Storage For Up To 1,500 Pieces...
SALE PRICE: £55.99YOU SAVE: £4.00 About this item Premium quality material – Lavievert puzzle storage bag is constructed by high quality nylon […]