Rubbish truck catches fire on its rounds in Somerset today
A RUBBISH truck was taken out of service earlier today after it caught fire. Sharp-eyed crew spotted sparks and flames coming from the back of the vehicle. The fire was caused by household batteries crushed in the compactor.
Two fire crews were sent to the incident in Wincanton. A Somerset Waste Partnership spokesperson said: “All crew safe and their truck – which came from the Yeovil depot – was escorted to empty its load safely at Dimmer landfill site.” A second truck was sent out to complete the round.
The SWP spokesperson urged people not to put batteries in their rubbish – they should be taken to any recycling site, supermarket or electrical store.
- Power Adhesives B-TEC-MAK Cordless Glue Gun
SALE PRICE: £53.84YOU SAVE: £2.11 Cordless tool runs on battery power, with an output of 1.9kg an hour Easy and comfortable to use with illuminated […]
- AONESY 12″ X 10″ Heat Press Machine for T Shirts Portable Handsfree...
SALE PRICE: £92.99YOU SAVE: £7.00 Newest Upgrading Heat Press Machine. Unlike the traditional one, our transfer press machine is hand free. Just […]
- Copic Marker 12 Piece Set – Neutral Gray
RRP PRICE: £76.50SALE PRICE: £73.92YOU SAVE: £2.58 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. VERSATILE – Perfect for […]
- Parker Sonnet Fountain Pen | Blue Lacquer with Palladium Trim | Medium Nib |...
SALE PRICE: £57.51YOU SAVE: £11.50 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. Blue-lacquer cap and barrel accented by […]